Quick to respond to inquiries, delivers on time, very good work. Looking forward to the next occasion.
Mr. Witte is particularly to be praised for his experience in researching terminology and background and his efforts in keeping up to date through continuing professional development. Highly recommended!
Westenhellweg, Dortmund, Germany
Thank you for your assistance with these projects, excellent work and communication.
Sarasota, Florida, USA
Takes the utmost care in ensuring that the product is accurate. Very professional approach. We will certainly be in touch. Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
- Sebastian obtained a degree in translation from Cologne University of Applied Sciences (1997-2002)
- Main languages English and Spanish, native in German, third foreign language Portuguese
- Examined in the fields of Business and Technology (English) and Law and Technology (Spanish), translating both into and out of the foreign languages
- Spent a semester abroad at the University of Barcelona (Universidad Autónoma, 1999/2000)
Degree: Graduate Translator for English and Spanish, overall grade 1.7 (equivalent to B+ in the U.S.)
Following graduation, Sebastian was involved, as an in-house translator, with a well-known medium-sized company in the metal construction industry, in translating documents such as articles of association from English into German.
Since then, he has gained extensive experience in translating and editing in his specialist fields.
He has regularly taken part in continuing professional development by attending training days arranged for members by the BDÜ (German Association of Translators and Interpreters), as well as by reading technical literature.
Thrown in as an extra for you, in order to achieve a particularly high technical and stylistic quality, 95% of the German to English translation jobs that we handle involve mutual quality assurance practices (2nd pair of eyes).
What this means in practice is:
- Translation performed by Astrid, who is a native speaker of the target language
- Editing performed by Sebastian, a native speaker of the source language, comparing the translation with your original document
- Final round of monolingual proofreading of the resulting text by Astrid.
We coordinate the internal, optimized processes, as well as the customer communication of A. & S. Witte PartG for the benefit of the people who require its services.
If you place an order with us, you can be sure that the translation you receive will be:
- Technically accurate
- Executed with care
- Stylistically appropriate
- Completed on time
- True to the original layout
- Terminologically consistent in the case of specializations that require it, in particular law, intellectual property and financial reporting (i.e. every specialist term repeatedly occurring and having the same meaning in the context will be translated in the same way)
- Handled including professional management of the customer's queries and change requests in regard to our deliverables
Our customer base includes law and IP law firms, companies from various industries, banks and savings banks, many translation agencies, private customers and to a lesser extent also colleagues.